Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Very soon, we will be heading to Disney for the first time as a family. My husband's last trip was to Epcot as a teenager and it's all a big blur to him. For the record, he's not that old, but for whatever reason, he's blocked that trip from his memory.

My first and only trip to Disney to date was in 1995. I too was a teenager and too old for princesses, but that was when my parents were able to afford the trip and I think in my father's eyes, I was still his little girl. I think I always will be. This trip, my parents are tagging along and will get to relive the magic through their grand children's eyes. Just as my parents did sixteen years ago, we will be making the drive down to (hopefully) sunny Florida. Four adults, two kids, an ipad, and dvd player. Wish us luck!

To prep for our trip, I've been acquiring pointers from friends and blogs. Some great tips I've been given and or have read thus far:

  • Buy ponchos for the family from Target, Wal-mart, etc. and pack them for the trip. Everything costs more at Disney and we happen to be going during Hurricane Season.
  • Explain to the kids that they will have to wait until the last day of the trip to pick out a souvenir. (I've already started having this talk with the princess...but we'll see how this pans out.) Apparently almost every ride lets out into a souvenir shop.
  • Utilize the FastPass service!
  • Let the kids dictate the pace and if they don't want to go on a ride, don't push them. You're going to have a miserable time if you're complaining about how much the trip cost and if you're dragging your overtired kids all over the place.
  • Expect that lines may be long.
  • Be nice to the Cast Members. They are not in control of the weather, crowds, and prices.

I'm sure I'll have a bunch more live and learn tips when we get back!


to help us a save a little, i picked these up from the dollar store and joann fabric's. princess autograph book, princess pens for when we track down cinderella and belle, and light sabres for the night time light show. total cost = $4 bucks plus tax! can't beat that!


2 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip to sunny Florida and take lots of photos...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michael! Between John and I, there will be plenty of pictures!

    ReplyDelete