Tuesday, August 16, 2011

collars are for dogs...

It's been raining quite a bit in our neck of the woods. I'm not complaining though because with the rain comes cooler temperatures. I'm just not a summer gal. My Frye boots are begging to get out of the closet to romp in the beautiful colors of fall.

My latest sewing project has hit a bit of a wall. I had been inspired by a beautiful Tea Collection dress that the princess loves and thought I'd try to make a dress with a similar collar but add a ruffle bottom. The collar is nice and stretchy making it super easy to get the dress on and off. So easy that an almost 4yo can do it!

After a couple of hours of late night sewing, I proudly finished the dress but only to be told by my daughter that "only dogs wear collars." Apparently the collar area reminded her of a dog being walked and she wanted nothing to do with it. BIG SIGH. Determined to get the dress on her, I turned the "collar" into straps and now the front looks like this:




I decided to leave the back the way I intended the entire collar area to look. (Cute, right?
)



She's still refusing to wear it so I think it's going to be gifted to her BFF. I tried.

**Update**

I bribed her with some chocolate and she not only agreed to wear the dress, she actually posed for some pictures. Success!!




1 comment:

  1. Ugh! I HATE it when that happens! It comes with the territory I guess but still it totally sucks. I'm glad she came around.

    ReplyDelete