Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hello Again!

Well here I am again in the blogging world. A lot has changed since I retired my original blog over two years ago. Or maybe three? I've said goodbye to the corporate world, we've added a wee one to our family, and I recently busted out sewing skills acquired in junior high school. I'm hoping to share some of my sewing (and sometimes domestic) mishaps and triumphs with the blogging world.

I'm currently working on sewing projects to prep our little princess for her very first Disney trip. Because a Disney birthday trip wouldn't be perfect without the perfect outfits, right? :)

Outfit one is a re-purposing of a cute junk food minnie mouse shirt we picked up at Baby Gap a couple of years ago. It's getting a bit short for her but I want to get some more use out of it (and the many other shirts she outgrows so quickly). Not to mention, my princess generally refuses to wear anything BUT a dress.


How perfect is this for Disney?


I made a basic skirt without adding a waistband. I hemmed the bottom and gathered the top to a point where it was a perfect fit around the t-shirt and pinned.






And finally I sewed them together.




And now, we have our first Disney outfit! (I probably should have ironed everything before I snapped this picture, but I was too excited and my 22 month old was waking from his nap!)



2 comments:

  1. Sara that is AWESOME!! What a great idea! love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a perfect little dress for Disney! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete